Calvary Bible Church was born as Manzanita Bible Church in 1954. Sunday services were held in private homes, then moved to the Pine Grove Community Center in Manzanita in 1956.
The church, begun as a ministry of the Rural Home Missions Organization, became self-supporting in 1960. In 1961, the name Calvary Bible Church of Manzanita was adopted by the congregation.
Property was purchased in 1962, and a church building was completed in 1964. A parsonage was completed next door in 1969. In 2008, the parsonage was converted to office and classroom space for the growing congregation.
Calvary Bible Church has been blessed to minister to the Nehalem Bay area community for over six decades. We are thankful for God's faithfulness to us and look forward to many more years of worshiping and serving together.